Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Senate Bill 173 Defeated!





There was a reason why I posted my article about myself and about Schaumburg Township on my blog: Disabled in Schaumburg, "A Township You Should Know About"

At the last minute, I found out from Schaumburg Disabled Services that Senator Terry Link sponsored a bill; Senate Bill 173 down in Springfield Illinois. He tried to sneak it in without anybody knowing about it here in Schaumburg. This legislation would have created an appointed commission with extraordinary authority to abolish potentially thousands of local government entities. In other words they could have abolished Schaumburg Township where I live. We could not let that happen. So I did my part and wrote up my story about my plight and how the Schaumburg Township has helped me out through all the hard times since I moved here in 1985. I couldn't have survived without them.

Well, yesterday while I was at my Disabled meeting at the Schaumburg Township, they told me that the "Senate Bill 173 was DEFEATED" by 14 to 30 not in favor of the bill.

I was thrilled that it had failed in the Senate. Now I don't have to think about losing my great Township, not for a while anyway. I will always be there to defend my township. Just say the word and I'll be there.

William Kaufman




No comments:

Post a Comment