Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Judy’s Letters and Poems Part 1

Judy’s Letters and Poems

Part 1

 

I was looking around my apartment for some documents when I came across some of my X wife’s poems and letters that I had saved. I was so surprised that I had found them. I have been living in this one bedroom apartment for the past 37 years all by myself and this was the first time I had found them since I stored them away. My x-wife Judy and I were married for 15 years and had two great children. We remained friends all these years even though we weren’t married anymore. Neither one of us ever got remarried. Judy went downhill and my kids had to put her in a nursing home. This May at the age of 77 Judy died.

 So I sat down and started reading her poems and letters she had written to me before and after we were married. All of the great memories we had together came flooding into my head and the tears started flowing.

 When did we meet? Well after I got out of the Navy I wanted to go college. I ended up going to Upper Iowa College in Fayette Iowa back in 1968. One day I was sitting at a bar having a beer when my cousin came in with two girls on either side of him.  “Holy Cow,” I said to myself. I was impressed. I wondered where he found those two girls. My cousin Jim had been going to Upper Iowa for a couple of years so he knew a lot of people. We went and got a booth and this one girl sat right next to me. Back in those days the girls wore miniskirts and Judy wore them just fine. All of a sudden I was interested in her and we started going together. She was fun to be with and I really started to like her at lot.

 My cousin Jim found his girlfriend. Her name was Sandy. She was the other girl that was with Jim when they walked in the bar.

 

Jim and Sandy on the left and Judy and Me, Bill on the right.

 

At the end of the year my grades were not good enough to come back. This is where Judy starts sending me letters where I lived with my Grandmother back in Chicago. I’ll let you read them from here.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment