Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"No Federal Funds for Heat Relief This Summer"

Disabled in Schaumburg.

The next day after I posted my Blog called "Where Did All My Money Go?" explaining why I can't turn on my air conditioning. The Associated Press published this article in the Daily Herald Called "No Federal Funds for Heat Relief This Summer"

Daily Herald June 5, 2011

I went to my Disability meeting at our township this afternoon to ask them about Energy assistance for this summer. The air conditioning in my car doesn't work so it was a hot drive over there. That's when they gave me the article. They told me there are no Federal Funds available.

Today it was 95 degrees here in Schaumburg Illinois. I couldn't turn on my air conditioning for the reasons I described in my post "Where Did All My Money Go?" Tomorrow it will be even hotter.

I try and stay as cool as possible during the day. I don't want to have another heart attack. I fill up the bathtub with cool water and get in and then I go sit in front of the fan and watch TV."

2 comments:

  1. "Massive" heat wave taking shape in coming days.

    That's the headlines on the weather channel for Chicago for the next 7 days.

    I only turned on my air conditioning for 1/2 so far this summer. Last week it got so hot that I got sick to my stomach. I can't afford to run the air conditioning since Obama cut out the Cooling assistance.

    Will this week get as bad as 1995 when 750 people died here in Chicago? I'm sure not looking forward to it.

    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia;

    The 1995 Chicago heat wave was a heat wave which led to approximately 750 heat-related deaths in Chicago over a period of five days. Eric Klinenberg, author of the 2002 book Heat Wave: A Social Autopsy of Disaster in Chicago, has noted that in the United States, the loss of human life in hot spells in summer exceeds that caused by all other weather events combined, including lightning, rain, floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes. The heat wave heavily impacted the wider Midwestern region, with additional deaths in both St. Louis, Missouri and Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as well.
    Contents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I knew this would happen. "DANGEROUS HIGH HEAT INDICES OF 105 TO 110 DEGREES
    BOTH WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY AFTERNOON."

    ReplyDelete