Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Politicians Eliminate Illinois Cares Rx Prescription Drug Program



 I just came back from my weekly disability meeting at the Schaumburg Township in Schaumburg Illinois. I found out that Springfield has passed a budget were they will eliminate the Illinois Cares Rx program. That program helps pay for medication for the disabled, elderly, and the poor. "WHAT ARE YOU POLITICIANS THINKING? Have you gone off the deep end? How are we supposed pay for our medications next month?"

 "Governor Quinn, If you sign that bill, it will put the disabled, elderly, and the poor in need of their medicine in a lot of trouble health wise. I don't doubt that there will be people that will die because they couldn't afford their medicine. I want you to think about that before you put your pen to that piece of paper."

Remember This? It was one of your promises to the people of Illinois.
http://www.quinnforillinois.com/issues/health-care

William Kaufman  

3 comments:

  1. I ended up in the emergency room this morning because one of my other doctors took me off some medicine for my heart. Thank goodness my cardiologist came in the emergency room and put me back on it this morning and I'm find now. But what will happen at the end of this month when I can't afford not only my heart medicine but the rest of the medicine? I will tell you...I'll either be back in the emergency room or I'll be dead. I'm REALLY SERIOUS and scared because I don't know what I'll do.



    William Kaufman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks a lot Illinois. Governor Quinn Signed the papers and took away Illinois Cares RX starting the end of June 2012. That's the program that helped the poor and disabled get their medicine. I just don't know what I'm going to do. When I got back from my cardiac Rehab class this morning one of the girls in our disability class called me. She was all upset because she doesn't know what to do either. Now that Illinois took away the help that we needed to pay for our prescriptions, she will have to pay over $2,000 a month to stay alive. How in Gods name can she afford that when she is disabled and living on Social Security? I'm know different then she is except that I only have to come up with $513 every 3 months. I guess in an effort to try and balance the Illinois budget, they want to get rid of the poor and disabled as fast as they can. Let em' die. Sorry to be so upset but that's what it will come down too. No medicine = No way to stay alive.

      William Kaufman

      Delete
    2. Well I just went down to my mailbox and saw the Notice of Termination of Illinois Cares RX benefit letter. In section 1 of the letter it says that since I have Low income Subsidy (LIS) (also known as Extra Help) That I would continue to get my medicine and have the same Co-pay as before. The letter says to call your drug plan to see what your premium will be. I called my drug plan and Thank God I will still receive my medicine as before. The only difference is that I will have to pay a $4 Premium each month. They said they will send a payment book. Well that certainly a relief but I still wonder what my friend is going to do.

      Delete