Sunday, November 25, 2012

I Had a Dream Today

                                                     I Had a Dream Today


 I just woke up from a nap. While I was asleep I had a dream.  I was talking to someone, telling them about a memory I have of my Dad. This is that dream...
 
  While I was growing up I always remembered my Dad in a fresh pressed white starch shirt with a tie around his neck as he got ready to go to work in the morning. He would hug me before he left and when he did I could smell the Mennen After Shave lotion that he had on. He always smelled so good. I went on to tell this person that I used to wear it when I was a teenager but when I joined the Navy they didn't allow you to use it in boot camp. From then on I stopped wearing after shave lotion. 





 I started to wake up and the dream was fresh in my mind. That's when it hit me that my Dad died 9 years ago today on November 25th 1963. 

 I got up to make sure I had the date right so I looked it up on my computer. I also found out that today is the day my Mom and Dad got married back on November 25th 1937. 







Today I'm going to wear his Mennen After Shave lotion. It's funny how certain smells can bring back so many memories. It feels like Dad is right her in the room with me.


 Bill Kaufman

No comments:

Post a Comment