Saturday, September 22, 2018

It Was During the Summer of 1960

 


An excerpt from my Autobiography

It Was During The Summer of 1960

Well I’m in eight grade now and we all think we’re hot stuff. I didn’t think grammar school would ever end. Well, we have our first and only formal dance. So everybody’s excited and we all get dressed up. And the night of the dance, I walk in and everybody is there. And I see Sandra, “Hi Sandra.” and I go over and hold her and as the music starts to play, her skirt with all the petty coats underneath brush up against the front of me. The music plays and we dance.

(On my tape, I have Paul Anka singing, “Put Your Head on My Shoulder”)

Now that Sandra and I are not going to be going to the same high school. I’m going to Notre Dame and she’s going to Ridgewood high school. We just are not going to be seeing too much of each other. So she had one party and I went over there and she broke up with me. I couldn’t figure out why, at that time anyway. But it really hurt me. I acted like it didn’t hurt me but it really did.

(On my tape, I have Paul Anka singing “Summer’s Gone”)Summer's Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment