Thursday, November 8, 2018

THE HALLMARK CHANNEL


THE HALLMARK CHANNEL


I have been sitting here in this one bedroom apartment for the last 33 years watching TV all by myself. There is nothing else to do. I turned the channel on the TV.

Have you ever watched the Hallmark Channel? You know the one with all the Christmas movies on.

 Do you notice that everyone is young and they are always happy and in love. Nothing ever goes wrong, well maybe an ornament might get broken or some such trivial thing. 

 It’s a perfect world where everybody is rich and they all have the perfect job. They have gorgeous homes and it’s always in a quaint little town somewhere where the snow is falling and all the people in the town are perfect, helping each other out and smiling.

 As I sat there watching, I wondered, “How the fuck did I miss out on that? Are there really people and quaint little towns like that?” 

 It really doesn’t matter anymore anyway. I’m 73 years old and not young anymore. I wonder what it feels like to be in love again and have family all around. No matter. Even if I did meet someone, I wouldn’t have any money to keep both of us alive. The food panty is my favorite place to go to now-a-days. 

 I have no plans on dying anytime soon. In fact I want to live to be a 100.  That’s my goal. I just wish I could be young and live in a quaint little town with money in one pocket and a lovely girl in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment