Wednesday, July 25, 2012

No News is Good News

July 25th 2012




                         NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS


Well, I went in to the hospital and had my CT Angiogram of my heart yesterday morning. Believe me I was scared. Not of the test itself but what the results might show. Like I said before, I don't want to have to go through another by-pass operation again but on the other hand I don't want to die either. So the only choice I would have would be to have another by-pass.


 The nurse that gave me the test was super-great and answered all of my concerns. The test itself is nothing. I was laying on a slab that takes you through this big ring. That's how they take the pictures of your heart.  It doesn't bother me to get stuck with a needle so when she put the IV in me, I didn't even feel it. I had to get my heart rate down below 60 bets per minutes so I had already taken a double dose of my heart medicine that morning. My heart wasn't slow enough, probably because I was scared so she gave me another dose of my heart medicine and a nitroglycerin pill to put under my tongue. The nitroglycerin pill was to open my arteries so she could get a good picture of my heart. She told me that on the last picture they would inject this dye into the IV. The dye makes all of your arteries show up on the pictures. She said, "You will feel your body start to get warm as the dye goes through you. You will feel like you are urinating."


 The test went fairly quick. After it was over with I asked the nurse, "When will I find out anything?" She told me, "The doctor has to read the test and if he sees anything that will require you to have an Angiogram and a stint put in, then we will call you within 24 hours, more likely sooner than that. The longer it takes to hear
from the doctor, the better. In other words, No News is Good News." I had so much medicine in me that I went home and went back to sleep. Then the phone rang. I jumped up out of bed expecting the worse. I said, "Hello," but nobody answered it. I looked down at my Caller ID and it turned out to be one of those junk calls. I was so pissed. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep. At the time of this writing, it has been a little over 24 hours since I had the test. But each time the phone rings I shutter. Half of the calls were junk calls and the other half were friends calling to see how my test went.  So I have been on pins and needles for the past 24 hours. The nurse told me that your doctor will recieve the results of your test in 5 - 7 days. Well that's how it's going for me right now. I hope everthing turns out the way I want it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment