Sunday, July 8, 2012

Town Hall meeting at the Schaumburg Library 



Today I went to a Town Hall meeting at the Schaumburg Library where I live. This was the first time I had ever met republican Congressman Joe Walsh of the 8th congressional district here in Illinois. I was surprised at all the people that showed up. I was able to sit in the front row but soon there was standing room only in this meeting room that we were in. I had seen him being interview on TV a couple of times but I never actually knew his views on anything. That was my fault but I'm learning and trying to get involved. I just can't sit back and see President Obama get reelected. I feel that I have to do something so that doesn't happen. As I listen to congressman Joe Walsh, I found that I agreed with most everything he said today. I really liked him. 


He talks kind of loud, he's funny at times but very serious about what he is doing and he knows how to control a meeting. There was this one lady who's cell phone rang as he was standing in front of her. Joe Walsh looked as she got the phone to stop ringing. She put it back in her purse and a few seconds later it rang again. This time the lady answered it and said, "I'll call you right back," and put it back in her purse. Joe Walsh stood there laughing along with the rest of the people in the meeting room. Then this lady's phone rang again a few seconds later for the third time. All this time Joe Walsh was trying to talk to the people. When it rang for the third time the lady got up and started to go outside. "Yes Go," Joe Walsh said. He and everybody in the room laughed. "This is the first time I have ever told somebody to leave one of my Town Hall meetings," he said smiling in a joking way. The lady did came back a few minutes later and Joe Walsh continued to talk about the problems facing this country. Would I vote for Congressman Joe Walsh in November? Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment