Monday, July 30, 2012

The Doctor saw Nothing Critical


                               The Doctor saw Nothing Critical


 I called the doctor this morning to try and get the report on my CAT scan of my heart that I had last Tuesday.  The nurse told me that he had been out of town last week but she said the report is here and he will read it today. I had a little anxiety but not much. I guess I used it all up waiting for my report.

 I stayed home all day waiting for his call. I didn't want to miss it. Around 4:30 this afternoon the nurse called me. I was glad to her it was the nurse instead of the doctor. That meant it couldn't be all that bad of a report.  Here is what she said. I wrote down notes right after she hung up because I knew I would forget everything she told me.

 Report:
"He saw an old heart attack." (Well I knew that much from when I had one back in 1995.)

"Nothing much has changed," the nurse told me.

"The test wasn't perfect but the doctor knew that going in." ( I knew from my by-pass that the artery in the back of my heart was still 50% clogged. They didn't fix it because it has to be 70% or more before they will do anything about it.)

"He saw nothing Critical," she said.

 "Continue on your present management." (Thank goodness, now I can go back to cardiac rehab and do my exercises again. That always makes me feel so much better)

"The doctor didn't schedule any new doctor visits or new tests."

 Then I asked the nurse, "Can I go on vacation?" "Sure she said. (I was thinking about the Tunica Trip coming up. So I'm good to go at least health wise. Gotta work out more of the trip details yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment