Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day in the Forest


 I went back to see if those certain flowers I have been waiting for were in bloom today but no such luck. It seems like they are just taking their sweet time about it. I even brought my tripod with me today. I'm glad I did though because my hands shake so much that I lose some good photos.

  It was kind of crowded on the path in the forest but I kind of expected that being that it was Mother's Day and all.

 Today I took a different path to see what I could find to photograph. I started my walk where I had left off the other day. It was along an old wooden fence with those lavender colored flowers.


 I walked across this wooden walkway that goes over a little stream. When I came to the end there is a memorial bench there with a woman's name on it. What caught my eyes was that someone had come along an put some flowers on the bench for that woman whose name appeared on the bench. I supposed that it was a daughter or son or even a spouse that had stopped by and say "Hello Mom" on this day.

   I continued my walk passing a few couples with their children. They started following me on the path. The kids were making a lot of noise just like I used to do at that age. Now that I am older I prefer to hear the sounds of the forest. It gives me peace. So I sat down on another memorial bench and waited for them to go by. As I sat there, I looked up and saw the sun shining through the trees."Cool," I said to myself. I wondered how this picture would turn out.  I got my camera and took a shot.


 The kids were gone so I got up and continued my way down the path in the forest until I came to this open area. The grass was cut and there where flowers all over. I looked over at this one  flowering plant and it seemed to glow as the sun came down through the trees. It was so cool. I hoped that I could get a good picture of it.


 I knew there was a Lilac bush around some place because I could smell it. I just love the smell of Lilacs I turned around and saw it behind me. Before I started taking pictures of it I had to get up close and take a whiff of it.

 After I took a close up picture of the Lilacs, I just had to smell the flowers one more time before I went on my way

 Further into the forest, I saw this little red flower. It looked like a school bell or something like that.  I bent down and with my camera on my tripod and started taking pictures. Some people walked by me and I thought to myself, "They don't see the little things that I see. They were in a hurry. To bad, they are missing out on a lot of beautiful things the forest has to offer.


Up ahead is a bridge that I think is cool. I've tried to take a picture of it with my old camera but I was never happy with the way it turned out. So I wanted to try using my new camera and see what happens.


   As you can see it's getting a darker in the woods as I go deeper into the forest. Up ahead were all these beautiful lavender flowers again. I'll show you.


 I got up as close as I could and took another picture.


 A little way down the path I saw this itty bitty little flower. I got down on the ground just as some people walked by. They probable thought I was either nuts or having a heart attack because the flower I was looking at was that small. I set my camera so that I could get as close to it as possible and got the picture. "Cool," I said after I took the picture.


  I was at the end of the path and it was time to go home and see how my pictures turned out. Today was a beautiful day. I am glad that I was around to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment