Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Remembering The Disco Days





It was 1977. I was 32 years old. My wife and I had just come out of the show. We saw “Saturday Night Fever” The movie, the music and the dancing were awesome. We didn’t want to go home that night. We wanted to go dancing. My wife and I asked around and found this Disco place. As we enter the building, there in front of us was a stage packed full of young people like ourselves line dancing to the tune of “Stayin’ Alive.” The lights were flashing and the dance floor lit up in all sorts of colors. It was one of the most fantastic sites I had ever seen. We felt like we had been transported into the Disco that we had just seen in the movie. In that instant my wife and I were hooked on this whole lifestyle.

We didn’t know how to do any of the dances so we just watched the people that night and had a couple of drinks. We wanted to be able to dance just like that. So my wife and I took a Disco Dance class at our park district. We never looked back from then on. We were dancing at all the clubs around Chicago.

Every time my old body hears the music from “Saturday Night Fever” I come alive again and my mind is back on the dance floor twirling around with my wife. It was one of the best times in my life. I loved 1977.




              

No comments:

Post a Comment