Friday, May 4, 2012

SPRING

Spring is here and I just had to take a walk in the Nature Preserve after I had finished with my Cardiac Rehab Exercise class. It's such a gorgeous Day Today. I came upon the Cabin in the Woods and sat down on a bench. I got my camera out and took this picture — at the Volkening Heritage Farm at Spring Valley Nature Center.





                                         An Old Wagon Wheel 




                         Looking across a pond in back of the cabin. 




   This was my view as I walked along the path next to a small lake. 




 It seemed like I was in a beautiful dream as I stood there in the forest. I heard  all  different kinds of birds  singing as the light from the sun streamed through the trees. 




I looked back over my shoulder to see where I had been on the path in the woods. It looked so pretty that I didn't want to forget how beautiful it was. 




After I walked around I came back and sat down on the bench in front of the cabin again. 




The bees were out spreading the seeds of life that they were meant to do. How dismal this earth would be without them. 




It was around 1 o'clock in the afternoon and I supposed that he decided it was time for a nap. 




After seeing the cow resting I started to get tired to. It's like when you see somebody else yawn, you know? It's catchy. So I started heading back. Along the way I saw this old hand pump and little red wheelbarrow in back of the farm house and caught a picture of it. 




On the way out of the Nature Preserve, I stopped along the farm house fence and saw the flowers starting to bud. I'll come back in a couple of days when they are in full bloom. It sure is a sign of SPRING.

No comments:

Post a Comment